Join the Mailing List for Exclusive Beach Body News!
Email Address:
First Name:
Last Name:

Friday, July 13, 2012

A Lot has changed since Lent

I know it has been awhile since I last posted a blog entry and alot has happened since them. Where do I even begin? Lets start with what happened after The Season of Lent! I changed. I changed emotionally, spiritually, and even physically. Its so amazing what 40 days of prayer, fasting, giving, and meditation can do for the soul. God is amazing and he truly blessed me with this life I have. I prayed for hope for life to change and for a sign that things are going to get better. I prayed for faith, faith in myself and my abilities. Finally, I prayed for the loneliness and longing to be near Him to be ever so great. He delivered in so many ways. My Catholic faith is stronger now more than ever. I try to attend Mass every Sunday, and my week is off without The Body and The Blood of Christ. I am a better person now than ever. No more do I take things sitting down, I stand up for myself. I do believe The Lord helped with freeing my life of the things that were bringing me down, and I'm sad to say it, but even the people in my life who were encouraging the negative. I definitely found out who my real friends are.


When we put our cares in His hands, He puts His peace in our hearts

Now, to my fitness journey. It continues almost daily! New goal to reach now is 125 lbs. Ive been stuck at 132-134 lbs for about 5 months now and its super frustrating! I completed P90X2 in May 2012 and gained more muscle than anything. Almost done with Brazilian Butt Lift in a hybrid currently with Les Mills Pump. I LOVE THIS combination, don't think my arse has ever hurt this much. That can only mean one thing...ITS WORKING!!! Bah ha ha ha!! I guess for now, I should focus on toning, sculpting, and maintaining the weight loss. The last thing I want is for my weight to creep back on slowly, little by little. That would be a TRAVESTY!!



Needless to say, I bought another Beachbody program for my birthday. Should have it soon, so I can embark on the RevAb workout next. I will try to keep everyone afloat in regards to my progress. When I started the fitness journey almost 2 years ago, I would have never thought I would be this small or this healthy, but here I am and I cant give up now. Hell! The way I look at it, my journey has just begun!

Now in the area of my job, this has been one of the most stressful areas of my life. Its definitely tested me in more ways than one. Alot of changes in this aspect. I found that in this area I was being very passive and alot less aggressive. People were bullying me and I was letting it happen. I was being called into my "principal" office alot for mindless stuff. I felt like I was being picked on, still do sometimes. But after some reflection and prayer, I realized that there is nothing I can do about the ridicule and picking on but to shut the door, literally. I go to work and shut my office door and do what I am paid to do. WORK! I don't go and play desperate housewives with my co workers with a cup of Joe in my hands. I found that its much easier to just do the job and go home. Now, I do realize that some may think that I am being rude or that I think I am better than them. This is not true. I just don't need the drama and if it means cutting my losses and shutting the door than so be it, honestly, life at work is better this way. I also found out who my real friends are this way too. I'm sad that I lost one who meant the world to me, and they would have stood next to me at my wedding someday, but this isn't the case. I don't know what I did or why they stopped talking to me but I guess I can look back on our memories and remember the good times we had, I do miss them. People come and go throughout our lives but its the ones who make the effort to stay who really are the ones you want around for a lifetime. One in particular is like a big sister to me, don't know how life would be without her! She tells me things like they are and can instantly snap me back to reality, she's a real friend.


Things are better when you shut the door to the drama, gossip, and fakes...Life is better :)


The one area that I know all my twitter followers and facebook friends are all curious about...think I have to change the blog name, cause this Texan is no longer single!! Yep, its true. I have been blessed with the most amazing man a girl could ask for. He is smart, sexy, romantic, has a college degree, and CATHOLIC!!!


I cant say that I wasn't looking, because I was. I was actively looking and praying for someone like this man to come into my life. I knew exactly what I wanted and I wasn't going to settle for anything less. I didn't think I had to. I joined Match.com on April 19, 2012 and even paid for the 6 month guarantee. So, the journey began. I "winked" at the Lt.first and he winked back, then emailed. we emailed back and forth for awhile before he asked for my facebook. Then we became friends on there and messaged awhile on there before he finally asked to meet me. Ive met guys before through dating sites in the past, but I was a bit apprehensive about it this time. I went to reconciliation and asked Monsignor for guidance, he told me exactly what I needed to hear! So, I trusted in the Lord and followed my heart. It's a fantastic thing I did because Lt. makes me a better version of myself and I find myself slowly letting my guard down and I can honestly say I am falling for him :)


This is where I am in life. All I can really do is pray that God is leading me on the right path of life. That all these new adventures that are happening and all these changes that I embark on are for the better. I pray that God sends Angels to surround me and show me the way that He has mapped out for me. As I embark on my 26th birthday, I pray harder for everything that I have been blessed with and I thank God for it all! I pray for forgiveness and I know that He will never leave me or Lt. because now its now its not just about creating my life but a life with someone else. That all the choices I make reflect Lt. in a positive way too. Lord, give me strength to have integrity in this relationship, patience for the long periods of time we are away from each other, loyalty, and above all a relationship with our Catholic Faith at the core, always.


No comments:

Post a Comment