Join the Mailing List for Exclusive Beach Body News!
Email Address:
First Name:
Last Name:

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back to myself well a better version of myself...WORD?!

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all...right?! ha! Well I have made a ton of new choice in the past few months. Been hit with some ups and downs, mostly ups ;), regardless, I have come out on top and a better me than ever. Let's start with my relationship with my money...

I have finally started to save my green. I must say it is not an easy feat to accomplish, given sudden emergencies that may arise. I was hit with one recently and it caught me totally off guard but it had to be attended to or risk further reprecautions later down the road. So there was a good chunck out of what I had saved. I did not let it get me down!! I repeat...I did not let that get me down! I dont know how much I could stress that. Life has its curveballs and they can bring a person down sooo fast there is no way to come back up for air. You just have to learn to not sweat the small stuff. I know what your thinking. Money is not a small thing, but if you compare it to your kids or your own life, well, it is!  Dont get me wrong, its what makes the world go round, but if you arent happy with yourself and your life then getting your money relationship on track is never going to be "small stuff". I also got hit by Uncle Sam and taxes...I HATE TAXES!! Seriously, I work my ass off for a HUGE chunk to be given to people who are too lazy to get off their ass and get a JOB!! But thats a whole new blog on my conservative side. Anyway,my money is starting to grow and its great to see. I feel like I am growing into a more responsible version of myself. I tranferred my 401K into mutual funds and saw growth instantly! That makes me excited and yes, I do know that I could lose it within a matter of minutes.  Its a risk and without risk, well what kind of life is that?!? Now my relationship with myself:



I have changed alot. Not only in regards to my finances but also with the type of people I surround myself with. I got rid of my facebook account. I didnt need that in my life. Honestly, it was taking up a majority of my time. I was checking it at least every 20 minutes when I could have spent my time in more useful ways. It also brought me down. You other singles out there can understand where I am coming from. Every damn time I would get on there someone is flaunting how happy they are with their boyfriend or how they are shopping for a wedding dress and who could miss the ones that said "Its a Girl!!" Screw yall!! I dont need to see that, I mean I am happy for them and I would write the obligitory, Congratulations to them and what not. But seriously...I mean come on! Anyhoo, I deleted it and the people that actualy matter do keep in touch with me by this thing called a PHONE. You see we humans use this to CALL other humans. Yea, we dont use it to POST a status update on facebook. Pssh, I do have twitter though, so I know thats contradicting but I would rather talk to people I dont know and probably will never meet my over than people I have met and wish I hadn't ( love that saying)! Anyhoo, its great not knowing whose getting hitched and whose knocked up from my past. I got rid of the luxeries in my life too, no more Sirius Satellite Radio or Cable for me. Sadness, but it had to be done so that I could increase my contribution rate for my 401K in order to get matched when I leave the agency I work for. I am working out twice a day, still up at 5 AM and working less on getting good time and more on form. After work, I do P90X but I also alternate it with TurboJam. I can see a difference in my energy level and its great to not feel like I am old, even though I am not :) I eat better and take care of myself overall. No sodas, well except on Sundays; Coffee only on Saturdays; Water ALL THE TIME!!


I guess, overall, La vita e Bella and so I leave you all with this:

"We tend to forget that Happiness doesnt come as a result of getting something we dont have but rather from recognizing and appreciating what we do have"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Good for you sweetness! Sounds like you have gotten yourself a great plan there. Keep it up! <3

    ReplyDelete